Ingredient Spotlight: Soy-Rice Peptides
Soy-Rice peptides are short strings of amino acids derived from soy protein. On the molecular level, while peptides are made of the same basic monomers as proteins (amino acids) they are different from in that they are much shorter and don’t have the same type of secondary folding structures.
Clinical studies have shown the effect of soy-rice peptides to significantly reduce the appearance of dark circles & puffiness around the eyes. One study showed 35% reduction after 8 weeks treatment. Furthermore, a regular application will make the skin look smooth, rejuvenated, and regenerated with more even skin pigmentation, less blotchiness and improved skin texture as well as an improvement in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lighten under-eye circles and fade areas of increased pigmentation
- Protect the skin when exposed to ultraviolet light and environmental pollutants by aiding the process of repairing the damage
- Great for sensitive skin as it acts as an anti-irritant by reducing inflammation
- Improving skin’s circulation and collagen synthesis
- Improves skin texture and pigmentation
What is it used in?
At Candela Cosmetics our chemists add soy-rice peptides into our Invigorating Coconut Water Foundation solution at the end of the formulation process, as to not encourage the denaturation of the protein. The use of this ingredient enhances the foundation’s rejuvenating benefits and power to even the complexion.
Featured image photo courtesy of beautyglimpse.com